Lucid Scribe now runs on Android and the first plugin is available on Google Play! It measures the amount of change between each frame from the camera. And can be configured to play audio tracks when any motion is detected or when rapid eye movement patterns are detected during a dream: electrooculography (EOG). The idea is to place the phone on a nightstand with the camera facing the bed, then lie on your side facing the nightstand.
The REM detection algorithm is experimental and is currently being investigated over at the Dream View’s Research forum using the desktop webcam version. It will clearly only work during an afternoon nap or with a night-light on. It can be tested by blinking six times in a row, with two seconds between each blink, facing a mirror if you don’t have a forward-facing camera on your phone.
- Algorithm: Motion Detector triggers the audio track whenever the frame threshold is reached. REM Detecotor triggers the audio track whenever a blinking pattern is detected (experimental).
- Frame Threshold: amount of pixels that must change for the algorithms to detect a change.
- Pixel Threshold: amount that a single pixel must have changed between frames to be detected.
- Pixels in a Row: amount of neighboring pixels that have to reach the pixel threshold to be detected.
- Amplification: value that each changed pixel contributes to the frame threshold.